Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Friday, And Life Is Good


I received an unexpected contact from one of the Orange Bowl's Vice Presidents inquiring as to an image I took during the trophy presentation at the 2013 Orange Bowl. The image (above) depicts FSU's Coach Jimbo Fisher's son Ethan holding up one of the oranges from the OB trophy while on the podium.The Orange Bowl's President was hoping to present an 11X14 framed print of the image to Coach Jimbo Fisher as a memento of the game. I re-processed the image last night to make sure it was worthy of such a print and it is now on its way to Miami.

Rain, Rain, Go Away...


Indiana rolls into town for a three game series against Florida State in an NCAA Baseball Super Regional contest to determine which team advances to the College World Series. Tropical Storm Andrea has passed but the weekend forecast includes good chances of afternoon and evening showers, which would translate to probable rain delays during the games. Yuck. Rain delays make for loooooong days at the Stadium. Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates.

I will be the team photographer for the Hoosiers which will give me a great opportunity to put the new/used 600mm f4 to the test. Since all games are slated to be day games (noon start tomorrow, 1:00 pm on Sunday, and 1;00 pm Monday if a third game is necessary), I'm thinking of putting the 600mm on a D3S and the 200-400mm f4 on the other D3S which would give me the focal ranges that should cover the action. For art shots, I'll either slap my 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 on the D300 or use my new...

The New Addition - Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S VR



I am replacing my trusty 80-200mm f2.8 with a used 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S VR lens after years of slinging the 80-200mm around my neck. It was time to put the old girl out to pasture with a newer version that should focus faster while giving me the same (or better) sharpness that the 80-200mm has always given me. I should have the new addition in my hot little hands this evening.

From Really Cool Cars To .... Really Cool Aircraft?







All aircraft photos courtesy of Valiant Air Command
I'm in the process of making arrangements to have access to an incredible collection of amazing aircraft for photo shoots. I'm supposed to hear back soon but if things work out, I will be able to photograph some drool-inducing stuff, including Migs, a B-25 Mitchell, a C-47 Skytrain, a Messerschmidt, Sabre, Tomcat, A-6, etc etc. This would be a personal project similar to the one I've recently undertaken involving cars, shooting as the opportunities come along. The location is out of town, near my mom's home, so I would shoot on trips down to visit her. Yet another reason to have my fingers crossed as I wait for the facility's board to approve my request.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my very close friends is best friends with the owner of Fantasy of Flight. Is that where you are going to shoot?